What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our Website, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. Not only do we collect information you provide to us, we, through the assistance of trusted third party partners, may identify you by your email address while you are on the Website, by using cookies and pixels on the Website, even if you did not enter your email address. These partners may combine your email information with other information such as mailing address or telephone number they have access to so that we may communicate relevant marketing offers to you via email, direct mail, social media ads or phone call. If you do not want us to collect information about you, please contact us at 1-866-MINT-GOLD to opt out.
When ordering or registering on our Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter or provide any of the following information: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in an effort to ensure that we provide you with excellent customer service. Your personal information also allows us to communicate with you about offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
To improve customer service
The information you provide helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
To process transactions
If you choose to purchase a product from us, we will ask for certain personal information in order to complete the transaction. Such information will include your name, telephone number, billing address and credit card number and related information. Such personal information is necessary for us to fulfill your orders, to bill you for the transaction, to communicate with you about your order, and for marketing purposes. Additionally, to address any problems we encounter when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you should such a need arise.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other party for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the product or service you requested.
To send periodic emails or contact our customers by phone
The phone number and email address you provide may be used to communicate information to you, respond to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Website policies, or protect our or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses on our behalf.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our services without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our Website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
We are committed to the security of the personal information you provide to us. We have implemented technical and other measures to protect the information you provide to us. Security measures, however, are not perfect and we do not guarantee complete security of your personal information. We accept no liability for any dissemination of personal information.
Third Party Websites
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our User Agreement and Ordering Policies and Procedures, which establish the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website
You are free at any time to tell us that you do not wish to receive any marketing communications from us. Please contact us at 1-866-MINT-GOLD or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to stop receiving any messages sent by us.
U.S. Money Reserve
P.O. Box 170339
Austin, TX 78717
Customer Service: 1-855-832-9570
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Information We Collect
Our Website and our Account Executives collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Examples: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Collected: YES
- Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
- Examples: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Collected: The only type of information that we collect in this category is credit card, bank account, or other financial institution information.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Examples: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
- Collected: None
Please be aware that personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our website or from information given by you directly to our Account Executives.
- Indirectly from you.
- From various advertising coops as described in paragraph titled Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose.
When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed personal information to our trusted business advertising coops for a business purpose. The PII that you provide to us and information about your order may be combined with other personally identifiable information from our records and other sources. This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient. This information may also be shared with our third-party service providers and other marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company had not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message on our website. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to [45/90] days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an electronic message through our website or write us at our address listed on our webpage.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information described herein, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:
- Via our website: please send us an electronic message through our website here.
- Write us at:
U.S. Money Reserve
P.O. Box 170339
Austin, TX 78717
Customer Service: 1-844-792-3987