While the role of gold in the physiological processes of the human body was unknown for many years, it has recently been determined that gold plays an integral part in the human body. If you’re interested in learning more, watch this episode of U.S. Money Reserve’s “Did You Know?”
Here’s How Much Gold Is in Your Body: Did You Know? – Video Transcription
The human body is a host to a variety of different elements. 96% of the human body is composed solely of oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, and nitrogen. The other 4% is composed of a large range of different elements. In fact, the human body contains trace amounts of elements, such as nickel, silicon, uranium, and even mercury and arsenic. The human body contains gold as well. A person weighing about 150 pounds will contain 0.2 milligrams of gold in their body. This gold’s volume and purified form would equal 10 nanoliters. If this gold was formed into a solid view, each side would have an equal measurement of .22 millimeters. Gold’s purpose in the body has been unknown for many years. However, recent studies have shown that gold plays an important role in maintaining our joints. As a superb electrical conductor gold also plays an integral role in the transmittal of electrical signals throughout the body. Call the number on your screen if you’d like to learn more about gold’s place in history and gold’s place in your portfolio.